Are you a motivated, experienced manager or center director with a heartfelt passion for early education and childcare? Are you looking for a work environment where your contributions matter, and where you know you’re appreciated? If so, we would love to talk with you!
Established in 1984, Tender Years, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with early childhood development & childcare centers in Camp Hill, Hershey and Mechanicsburg. Tender Years has been recognized by Central Penn Parent, Harrisburg Magazine, Susquehanna Style, The Sentinel, and Central Penn Business Journal for the quality of our programs and our leadership in the community.
The Assistant Director plays an important role in maintaining the high standards that parents have come to expect from Tender Years. The Assistant Director will…
• Provide orientation and training to new employees.
• Maintain current and accurate staff records.
• Conduct professional and informative center tours as needed.
• Ensure that children’s records are current and accurate.
• Fill in to meet ratio requirements as needed.
• Collect weekly lesson plans from staff for Director approval.
• Assist with monthly newsletters to keep parents informed.
• Maintain the facility in accordance with DHS licensing standards, PA Department of Education Standards (for Preschool-Kindergarten), and Keystone STARS requirements.
• Maintain center records (includes Emergency Preparedness Plan, emergency drills, fire drills, and insurances).
• Maintains a building Maintenance list to be submitted for necessary building corrections/improvements.
• Oversee/approve orders of appropriate center supplies for provision of care (food, gloves, toiletries, etc).
• Approve and order materials and supplies for classroom programs and activities.
• Represent the center in the community and act as a liaison with other agencies.
• Answer center phones and assist families and prospective families as needed.
Candidates for the position must meet the following requirements…
• Early Childhood Education or related field
• 2+ years experience in a childcare setting preferred
• Fluent in the English language
• Must be 18 years of age
• Ability to obtain required childcare clearances
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexibility as to the hours you are able to work