Child Care & Teaching Opportunities
If you’re driven to make a meaningful difference in the lives of children and their families, and if you’re searching for a rewarding and enjoyable work environment where your contributions are recognized and appreciated, we should talk!
At Tender Years, Inc., you’ll enjoy being an integral part of a supportive, family-oriented team who are passionate about early childhood development. You’ll also enjoy working for a privately-owned company that prides itself on putting our families and employees first! Because at Tender Years, you’re more than a team member. You’re family!
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
At Tender Years, our leadership team is committed to helping you reach your fullest potential. Our team members enjoy…
Compensation & Growth
• Highly Competitive Pay
• On-Site Paid Training
• Educational Support
• Ongoing Professional Development (CDA Programs & PQAS)
• Paid Time Off
• 6 Paid Holidays
• Medical & Dental Benefit Plans
• Discounted Childcare Options
• Professional, Supportive & Family-Oriented Work Environment
• Appreciation & Recognition For Your Work!
• Professionally Cleaned Facilities
Qualities We Look For
We’re committed to providing the very best child care and early childhood programs. That’s why we seek outstanding candidates who…
- Promote integral learning throughout the day (including mealtimes, bathroom time, and outside playtime) to enhance the curriculum and build strong social/emotional skills. Help to build a strong, supportive team with other employees, and understand how to effectively function within that team.
- Are willing to take on extra tasks or responsibilities as needed.
- Show an interest in self-improvement and further training and education.
- Share ideas for activities, lessons, and special events with the other staff and with the director.
- Recognize opportunities to promote Tender Years as a high quality environment for both enrollment and employment.
Are you a motivated, experienced manager or center director with a heartfelt passion for early education and childcare? Are you looking for a work environment where your contributions matter, and where you know you're appreciated? If so, we would love to talk with you!
Established in 1984, Tender Years, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with early childhood development & childcare centers in Camp Hill, Hershey and Mechanicsburg. Tender Years has been recognized by Central Penn Parent, Harrisburg Magazine, Susquehanna Style, The Sentinel, and Central Penn Business Journal for the quality of our programs and our leadership in the community.
The Assistant Director plays an important role in maintaining the high standards that parents have come to expect from Tender Years. The Assistant Director will…
• Provide orientation and training to new employees.
• Maintain current and accurate staff records.
• Conduct professional and informative center tours as needed.
• Ensure that children’s records are current and accurate.
• Fill in to meet ratio requirements as needed.
• Collect weekly lesson plans from staff for Director approval.
• Assist with monthly newsletters to keep parents informed.
• Maintain the facility in accordance with DHS licensing standards, PA Department of Education Standards (for Preschool-Kindergarten), and Keystone STARS requirements.
• Maintain center records (includes Emergency Preparedness Plan, emergency drills, fire drills, and insurances).
• Maintains a building Maintenance list to be submitted for necessary building corrections/improvements.
• Oversee/approve orders of appropriate center supplies for provision of care (food, gloves, toiletries, etc).
• Approve and order materials and supplies for classroom programs and activities.
• Represent the center in the community and act as a liaison with other agencies.
• Answer center phones and assist families and prospective families as needed.
Candidates for the position must meet the following requirements…
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in related field and 2+ years’ experience in a childcare setting preferred.
• Fluent in the English language
• Must be 18 years of age
• Ability to obtain required childcare clearances
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexibility as to the hours you are able to work
Depending on the position you are applying for, one or more of the following qualifications may be required...
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Child Development or Human Development & Family Services; or
• A Child Development Associate (CDA) OR at least 6 Early Childhood Education credits and prior experience working with children in an early learning environment; or
• An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field, including a minimum of 18 Early Childhood Education credits ; or
• A High School diploma and at least 2 years of significant experience working with children; or
• 30 credit hours including 12 Early Childhood Education credits and prior experience working with children in an early learning environment.
• Fluent in the English language.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Ability to obtain required childcare clearances.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility as to the hours you are able to work.
About Tender Years, Inc.
At Tender Years, our mission is to provide families with the highest quality child care and early childhood education programs within a comfortable, clean and safe environment; and to care for children and their families as if they were our own.
A leading child care and early childhood education provider since 1984, Tender Years is the local, family-owned alternative to the national franchises with overly-broad national curricula. With a curriculum tailored to meet the needs of the communities and school districts that we serve, Tender Years is committed to giving young students the skills and knowledge they need to begin their academic career with success.
Tender Years is licensed by the PA Department of Education and PA Department of Human Services, and we are Keystone STARS certified. With centers in Camp Hill, Hershey, and Mechanicsburg, PA, we offer full and part-time Child Care, Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, K-Readiness, Kindergarten, Before & After School Care, and Summer Camp programs.
Tender Years, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.