We are currently seeking a Full Time Floater, which enjoys the flexibility of working in any classroom in the center!
Do you have a heartfelt passion for early learners, inquiring minds, and being fun and silly all at the same time? Are you looking for a work environment where you’ll leave a lasting impact on the lives of early learners and their families every day, while also forming strong relationships with your coworkers and leadership team? If so, we should talk!
Established in 1984, Tender Years, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with early childhood development & childcare centers in Camp Hill, Hershey, Mechanicsburg, and Hampden Township. Each center is licensed by the PA Department of Human Services, with three centers holding Department of Ed certifications and 4 STARS through the Keystone STARS program.
Tender Years has been recognized by Central Penn Parent, Harrisburg Magazine, Susquehanna Style, The Sentinel, and Central Penn Business Journal for the quality of our programs and for our leadership in the communities we serve.
As a Floater at Tender Years, you’ll support our teachers and students as you…
- Promote the health and wellbeing of your students by maintaining a safe, clean and organized classroom that meets their needs (based on guidelines from ECERS/SACERS).
- Fill your students’ days with fun and learning when you implement a daily schedule that includes daily care routines, active physical play, free play (centers), and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Prepare your students for success as you implement lessons (based on PA Early Learning Standards and individual child observations) that meet the cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs of each individual as well as your class as a whole.
- Develop a positive relationship with each of your students by interacting thoughtfully, encouraging their involvement in activities, and supporting their individual needs.
- Ensure the safety of your students by supervising them at all times, and during all aspects of the day.
- Help to keep your students healthy by addressing healthcare concerns such as observing/monitoring symptoms of illness, administering of first aid, filling out Incident Reports, giving medications as directed on the Medication Log, and immediately reporting illness/injury to the director.
- Maintain an orderly classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and development by practicing fair, consistent, and age appropriate methods of discipline.
Distinguished candidates will possess the following qualifications…
- A high school diploma and at least 2 years of significant experience working with children.
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Fluent in the English language.
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain required childcare clearances.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some schedule flexibility.
- Highly Competitive Pay
- On-Site Paid Training
- Educational Support
- Ongoing Professional Development (CDA Programs & PQAS)
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical & Dental Benefit Plans
- Discounted Childcare Options
Tender Years, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.