We are currently seeking a Full-Time Floater at our Hershey center. The Floater position enjoys the flexibility of working in any classroom as needed!
Do you have a heartfelt passion for early learners, inquiring minds, and being fun and silly all at the same time? Are you looking for a work environment where you’ll leave a lasting impact on the lives of early learners and their families every day, while also forming strong relationships with your coworkers and leadership team? If so, we should talk!
Established in 1984, Tender Years, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with early childhood development & childcare centers in Camp Hill, Hershey, Mechanicsburg, and Hampden Township. Each center is licensed by the PA Department of Human Services, with three centers holding Department of Ed certifications and 4 STARS through the Keystone STARS program.
Tender Years has been recognized by Central Penn Parent, Harrisburg Magazine, Susquehanna Style, The Sentinel, and Central Penn Business Journal for the quality of our programs and for our leadership in the communities we serve.
As a Floater at Tender Years, you’ll play a vital role in supporting our teachers and students to…
- Create and implement weekly lesson plans through the use of Tender Years Homegrown Curriculum based on the PA Early Learning Standards that meet the cognitive, social, emotional, physical needs of the child. Implement the PATHS Curriculum in our Preschool – Kindergarten Classrooms for Social Emotional Development.
- Enhance play with language materials and activities and engage in conversations to expand learning, critical thinking and social emotional well-being.
- Watch your students grow as you keep regular observations, complete progress evaluations for each child through the use of Teaching Strategies GOLD assessments and ASQ Screening Tools.
- Establish and maintain a strong professional relationship with the parents of your students through daily written and verbal communication, parent teacher conferences, and incident reports.
- Promote the health and well-being of your students by maintaining a safe, clean and organized classroom that meets their needs.
- Work with co-teacher to establish a schedule that balances routine tasks between employees.
- Help build a strong, supportive team with other employees.
Tender Years Employees are exceptional, and...
- Willing to be flexible, open-minded, and look to make a positive impact on young minds.
- Available and responsive to children’s needs, questions, and requests.
- Committed to monthly staff meetings and professional development as required.
- Come to work as a song-singing, smile bringing child chasing rockstar who likes to inspire and loves to encourage every day.
- Can quickly count heads of many tiny humans within your primary care group.
- And above all, are ready to be a daycare teacher who has a sincere passion of working with children.
Distinguished candidates will possess the following qualifications…
- A high school diploma and at least 2 years of significant experience working with children.
- Completion of High School or GED program
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain required childcare clearances – State Police, Child Abuse, NSOR, and FBI Fingerprinting.
- Ability to obtain health assessment and TB test.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly Competitive Pay
- On-Site Paid Training
- Educational Support
- Ongoing Professional Development (CDA Programs & PQAS)
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Growth Opportunities
- Discounted Childcare Options
- Social Committee for teachers to laugh, relax, and enjoy each other’s company after hours on a monthly basis
- Referral Program
Tender Years, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.