Do you have a heartfelt passion for early childhood education? Are you looking for a work environment where your contributions matter, and where you know you're appreciated? If so, we should talk!
Established in 1984, Tender Years, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with early childhood development & childcare centers in Camp Hill, Hershey and Mechanicsburg. Tender Years has been recognized by Central Penn Parent, Harrisburg Magazine, Susquehanna Style, The Sentinel, and Central Penn Business Journal for the quality of our programs and for our leadership in the communities we serve.
As a School-Age Teacher at Tender Years, your students will look forward to each new day in your classroom as you…
- Promote the health and wellbeing of your students by maintaining a safe, clean and organized classroom that meets their needs (based on guidelines from ECERS/SACERS).
- Fill your students’ days with fun and learning when you implement a daily schedule that includes daily care routines, active physical play, free play (centers), and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Prepare your students for success as you plan and implement weekly lessons (based on PA Early Learning Standards and individual child observations) that meet the cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs of each individual as well as your class as a whole.
- Develop a positive relationship with each of your students by interacting thoughtfully, encouraging their involvement in activities, and supporting their individual needs.
- Watch your students grow as you keep regular monthly written observations, complete all required progress evaluations for each child in your group, and use the Work Sampling Online system to record child outcomes.
- Ensure the safety of your students by supervising them at all times, and during all aspects of the day.
- Help to keep your students healthy by addressing healthcare concerns such as observing/monitoring symptoms of illness, administering of first aid, filling out Incident Reports, giving medications as directed on the Medication Log, and immediately reporting illness/injury to the director.
- Maintain an orderly classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and development by practicing fair, consistent, and age appropriate methods of discipline.
- Establish and maintain a strong professional relationship with the parents of your students through daily written and verbal communication, and by offering conferences to discuss their child’s progress evaluations.
- Help give your students and their families even more value by implementing additional practices as may be required by Keystone STARS.
Distinguished candidates will possess the following qualifications…
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Child Development or Human Development & Family Services; or...
- A Child Development Associate (CDA) OR at least 6 Early Childhood Education credits and prior experience working with children in an early learning environment; or...
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field, including a minimum of 18 Early Childhood Education credits; or...
- A High School diploma and at least 2 years of significant experience working with children; or...
- 30 credit hours including 12 Early Childhood Education credits and prior experience working with children in an early learning environment.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain required childcare clearances.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some schedule flexibility.
- Highly Competitive Pay
- On-Site Paid Training
- Educational Support
- Ongoing Professional Development (CDA Programs & PQAS)
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical & Dental Benefit Plans
- Discounted Childcare Options
Tender Years, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.