Cash in on call-offs and vacations! Fill in at one, two or all three of our centers!
Tender Years, Inc. is currently seeking Substitute Teachers to help fill in as needed.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive COVID policies and procedures to safeguard your health.
If you’re driven to make a meaningful difference in the lives of children, and if you’re searching for a rewarding and enjoyable work environment where your contributions are recognized and appreciated, we should talk!
At Tender Years, Inc., you’ll enjoy being an integral part of a supportive, family-oriented team who are passionate about early childhood development. You’ll also enjoy working for a privately-owned corporation that prides itself on putting our families and employees first! Because at Tender Years, you’re more than a team member. You’re family!
As a Substitute Teacher at Tender Years, you’ll support our teachers and students as you…
- Promote the health and wellbeing of your students by maintaining a safe, clean and organized classroom that meets their needs (based on guidelines from ECERS/SACERS).
- Fill your students’ days with fun and learning when you implement a daily schedule that includes daily care routines, active physical play, free play (centers), and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Prepare your students for success as you implement lessons (based on PA Early Learning Standards and individual child observations) that meet the cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs of each individual as well as your class as a whole.
- Develop a positive relationship with each of your students by interacting thoughtfully, encouraging their involvement in activities, and supporting their individual needs.
- Ensure the safety of your students by supervising them at all times, and during all aspects of the day.
- Help to keep your students healthy by addressing healthcare concerns such as observing/monitoring symptoms of illness, administering of first aid, filling out Incident Reports, giving medications as directed on the Medication Log, and immediately reporting illness/injury to the director.
- Maintain an orderly classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and development by practicing fair, consistent, and age appropriate methods of discipline.
Distinguished candidates will possess the following qualifications…
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Child Development or Human Development & Family Services preferred.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain required childcare clearances.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some schedule flexibility.
- Highly Competitive Pay
- On-Site Paid Training
- Educational Support
- Ongoing Professional Development (CDA Programs & PQAS)
- Paid Vacation
- Accrued Personal Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical & Dental Benefit Plans
- Discounted Childcare Options