Although we know you have heard us say it before, it cannot be said enough, preschool is far more than simple childcare. The benefits of a well-designed preschool program have an impact that goes well beyond a child’s preschool-age years. In fact, the National Education Association calls preschool “one of the best investments” we can make for our children. There are numerous studies that tout the benefits of preschool, including this one published by the National Institute for Early Education Research.
These benefits include:
- Entering kindergarten with better pre-reading skills, richer vocabularies, and stronger basic math skills.
- Increased social skills, including learning how to compromise, be respectful to others, and problem solve.
- Long-term improvements in school success including higher achievement on standardized test scores (including SATS).
- Increased likelihood of higher education attainment and attendance in four year college program.
- Decreased likelihood of crime and delinquency into teenage and adulthood.
Of course these benefits are found most likely within well-balanced and designed programs. Such preschool programs should be designed to develop the whole child, including social and emotional development, not just education.
Tender Years call itself a child development program because that is what we believe in. Developing the whole child. The Tender Years A.C.E curriculum is specifically designed to address the five essential learning needs of each child; social, emotional, creative, cognitive, and physical.
Our goal of developing the whole child is reflected in our values and is the foundation of everything we have implemented in our curriculum. The Tender Years A.C.E. Customized Curriculum is based on the well established Pennsylvania Early Leaning Standards and is custom tailored to fit the needs of our students in each classroom. Our qualified teachers work to ensure that each student’s needs are met through adaptations that focus on the individual learning styles of each of child. In addition, each lesson is constructed around engaging themes that help to make our learning fun!
The benefits of our, or any, well-designed preschool program are thoroughly verified and significant to lifelong learning. These advantages serve as a precursor to give your child a successful transition into childhood, adolescence and yes, even adulthood.