Summer Camp 2020:
Tender Years’ DESTINATION DECADE Summer Camp
This year’s theme takes our campers on time-traveling adventures through the decades, where they’ll explore, learn and enjoy tons of summer fun – whether they’re attending camp in person or virtually!
Destination Decade Summer Camp is a comprehensive program that is designed to give children ages 5-12* a well-rounded “summer vacation” that makes learning an absolute blast! (Our Junior Camp accommodates children who will be entering Kindergarten this fall.) Your child has eleven weeks of amazing experiences to look forward to, including…
• Exciting games and team building exercises!
• STEM Projects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)!
• Reading and literacy activities (with reading goals)!
• Cooking and baking delicious treats inspired by weekly themes!
• Creating one-of-a-kind arts & crafts pieces throughout the summer!
• On-site and virtual “field trips”.
• And so much more!
Your child will have the opportunity to discover, explore, and play in ways that will keep them engaged and excited all summer long! Plus, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your child is in good hands. We pride ourselves on excellent supervision and a safe environment**. Many of the camp staff are PA licensed teachers and they are certified in Pediatric First Aid and CPR.
Your child has an incredible summer ahead of them!
*All children participating in our summer camp program must be at least 5 years old by the beginning of the 2020/2021 school year. **Please see our COVID-19 Response for details on how we’re working to keep our children and staff safe and healthy.
Overview of Camp Sessions
Tender Years’ Summer Camp & Junior Camp programs are split into three sessions. In person or virtually, we welcome your child’s participation in one, two, or all three! You can even choose a combination of the On-Site and Virtual programs. (For example: Virtual in June, and On-Site in July and August.)
Session 1: 1920’s, 1930’s, 1940’s, 1950’s
Dates: 6/8 – 7/2
Primary Focus: Introducing our Destination Decade theme and starting the summer off with a trip back in time to the Army Heritage Center, AACA Museum and more!
Session 2: 1960’s, 1970’s, 1980’s, 1990’s
Dates: 7/6 – 7/31
Primary Focus: We’ll cover topics from the space race to the personal home computer and more! Our field trips will also include a visit to the PA State Museum Planetarium!
Session 3: 2000’s, 2010’s, 2020!
Dates: 8/3 – 8/21
Primary Focus: After spending our summer time-traveling from the 1920’s through the 1990’s, we are going to begin our orbit through a new century – the 2000’s!
Destination Decade: On-Site!
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our children, their families and our staff. Therefore, we are making several modifications to our camp programs, including…
• We will continue our drop-off and pick-up screening policies.
• We will continue to wear protective masks as recommended by the CDC and outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
• We will continue our intensive cleaning and hand washing procedures.
• We will continue to maintain care groups by creating camp teams. Each team will be made up of smaller groups of campers and will be assigned a primary caregiver. Teams will rotate through activities where necessary to maintain distancing.
• And we will replace off-site field trips with fun and exciting activities at our centers. In addition to the originally planned enrichment activities listed in the parent packet, our incredibly talented staff is in the process of finalizing virtual field trips, lessons, and “take out” activities that we can bring into the center.
For more information on our health and safety procedures, please see our COVID-19 Response.
On-Site Summer Camp Fees & Registration
To view our On-Site camp fees, please download the appropriate Summer Camp Packet below. To inquire about availability, and to reserve your child’s spot, please call your local center or message us…
Destination Decade: Virtual!
While there is nothing quite like the excitement that comes with an in-person camp experience, we understand that some parents may feel more comfortable keeping their children at home this summer. If this is you, we have great news! We are now offering a complete do-it-yourself Virtual Summer Camp to keep your child engaged and learning all summer long!
The Tender Years’ “Destination Decade” Virtual Summer Camp will include all curriculum, activities and supplies (minus perishable cooking items), including…
• Daily Art Projects
• Daily STEM Projects
• Exciting Games & Team Building Opportunities For Amazing Family Fun
• Recipes for Fun & Educational Cooking Projects
• Weekly Reading & Literacy Activities (and Reading Goals)
• Weekly Social/Emotional Activity
• Weekly ZOOM Music Fusion Classes
• And Virtual Field Trips!
Our goal is to provide your child with a sense of normalcy through fun and educational activities. We hope that you will find happiness from it as well, and that your child will feel like they aren’t missing out on summer fun! We also hope to give you some free time and the ability to focus on your work while your child is engaged in camp activities.
Just as with our on-site camp program, you can choose the Virtual option for one, two or all three sessions. You may also choose a combination of the two programs. For example: Virtual in June, and On-Site in July and August.
Virtual Summer Camp Fees & Registration
Each session fee covers the curriculum, a complete Virtual Summer Camp kit as described above, and online activities!
Session 1 (6/8 – 7/2): $285
Session 1 (7/6 – 7/31): $285
Session 1 (8/3 – 8/21): $235
Summer Camp Documents
Get your child ready for a summer filled with discovery, fun, and friends! Download your Summer Camp packet now…