With each new season comes a new set of challenges for parents. Summer is perhaps one of the most challenging. With family vacations, school-free schedules, and hot weather, there are probably a million problem solving opportunities for parents. To make it easy for you we found some ingenious summer-time parenting hacks that will make even the newest parent feel like an old pro.
Road Trip? We got you covered:
- Use a hanging shoe organizer to separate and store road-trip activities and essentials for easy access.
- Keep kid’s suitcases organized and vacation dressing a breeze by separating a day’s worth of clothes into individual gallon size storage bags.
- Dollar store shower caddies make perfect snack and drink organizers for meals on the road.
- Staying in a not-so-childproof hotel? Use Band-Aids to cover electrical outlets and keep little fingers away from shocking situations.
- Glow sticks make fun and easy travel night lights (pack one for each night, in a different color!)
Don’t worry, stay cool:
- Freeze Aloe Vera gel in ice cube trays for instant cool relief from sun burns.
- Punch Popsicle sticks through the bottom of a cupcake liner to keep hands drip free.
- Fill your cooler with frozen water balloons instead of ice for a way less soggy and way more fun ending to a picnic!
- Frozen grapes also make excellent ice pack replacements. Bonus: they are yummy!
It’s time to get outdoorsy:
- An inverted fitted bed sheet makes the perfect beach blanket that keeps the sand out of your picnic space.
- An old flat sheet works well for an outdoor painting canvas, let their inner Picasso run free.
- Go ahead let them get their dazzle on, use a disposable cup as a shield to protect little hands while holding sparklers.
- Rainy day? Bring that blow up pool inside for a safe indoor play area, better yet fill it with plastic balls and have fun diving into an indoor ball pit.
What was that? It must have been a collective parent sigh of relief. You got this parents, go out and get your summer on!